Sunday, September 14, 2008

If we are stationed overseas, can I still attend nursing school

If we are stationed overseas, can I still attend nursing school?
my husband is the active duty member. We will be stationed at Rota, Spain I'm refering to on base, through the military, not off base in the local community. I don't know if there is a program there, that's what I am trying to find out. Yggdrasil: WOw. what was all that about? You asked me question (is there an accredited program on base) so I answered you. I said I didn't know that's what I am trying to find out. And to me ot is a no brainer that you can't take nursing online.....I never thought you could. I actually thought your answer was the best until you lost your cool. What provoked you? And further more, if you KNEW there were no such programs at Rota (as you stated in your edit) why did you ask ME if there was (in the beginning of your answer?) Obviously if I KNEW if there was such a program I wouldn't have been on here asking, right?
Military - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
not really no. Most Local programs are not recognized by the US...and unless you are a Native speaker it's not like youd be able to understand anything anyway. any training you get overseas may not be acceptable to take the licensing exams stateside. ETA: No there are no RN or BSN programs on base. mostly business or CJ degrees. and forget going online you wouldn't be able to do your clinical from Spain.
2 :
Best bet is to check with the education office in Rota. Odds are though that there is nothing there for you, unless you can do it online. I don't know about Spain, but the colleges that offer classes usually do so in business admin, management, and such. Go to: Military Homefront Plan my move NS Rota Education office It even has info about the colleges that are there and also has contact info for the station. From what I saw, it looks like the typical offerings. Good luck! Edit:Yggdrasil... take a chill pill! As odd as it sounds, there are awful programs out there that let people get degrees in just about everything and anything, without clinicals or practicums. I've even seen Teacher ed programs where you don't step foot in a classroom. Scary but true. Also, I've known ladies who have been able to wipe out most of their classroom work with online classes, and then do their practicums, clinicals, and specialty classes when they got back to the states.


Read more discussion :