Monday, January 14, 2008

What careers are in high demand in Spain and/or Latin America

What careers are in high demand in Spain and/or Latin America?
I am contemplating a move to Spain or Latin America in the next few years. I would like to get trained NOW in a career that is in demand there. But, I am not sure what I want to go into. I have a college degree, 60+ credit hours in Chemistry, also some hours in computer science and currently I work as a programmer (due to the lack of science jobs in my area). I would like to go to grad school & prepare for a career abroad, but I can't decide on the career. Anyone have an idea? I have a 1-year old so I need a career that will be stable with guaranteed jobs and good income. Please don't say nursing, I can't stand blood or biological fluids. Any ideas at all, thanks! :o) Sara p.s. I speak/read Spanish, so that is not an issue. :)
Other - Careers & Employment - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
chemical engineer
2 :
teachers I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uhmmm, some people, out there in our nation donĂ¢€™t have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the U.S., uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.
3 :
First of all, Spain is in Europe and it's totally different from Latin America. And I mean totally, even the Spanish accent/dialect is different. I guess you could access Yahoo Spain and ask there in English, maybe someone answers you , cause they know English.
4 :
i would think just being able to speak english will help a lot. I have friends from mexico who learnt english solely to help them in their careers. they told me its very important as most companies there are doing business with the USA. In spain, the same thing would apply im sure...a second language in pretty much any e.u. country will help. As for actual careers im not sure. Maybe you could find some recruitment agencies in the areas you want to go, and call them and ask about the job market and what is in demand right now. Computers is always a good thing to have though...most companies now have IT depts. Another thing i should add regarding income, spain is on the euro, and wages would be higher than latin america. Cost of living in latin america would be cheaper tho.