Friday, November 7, 2008

Urgent help, we have around our land in spain a yellow plant growing wild, trying to find pictures it has a

Urgent help, we have around our land in spain a yellow plant growing wild, trying to find pictures it has a?
flower that looks like ragwort but also looks like goldenrod can anyone from spain tell me what this is and is it a poisonous plant and what should I do with it, should I treat it like ragwort. As the grazing is getting low in the areas without these plants and it is very good near these I want to know if it is safe to let them near or should I carry on cutting the grass ( as we do not have much grazing in spain I do not want to let the good grass go). Also information required on ulcers in horses, what is the recommended diet to help with this, I wrote last week about our thin horse and looking at the web it does look like this could be his problem, as I said is worms and bloods where ok but he is very thin even through he has a good diet, I am trying to increase slowly in tune with him putting on weight and this is helping but we are coming up to winter (Yes it does get cold here in the hills) He is very sensitive and a nervous horse so I am also looking at a natural or slow releasing worming program for him, I am a little nervous about the Garlic type wormer as I have read this causes Anemia and i do not want to add to his troubles. again any info would be of help in the above so I can get started ASAP with nursing him back to full health.
Horses - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Here is a US site for toxic plants here in the US. http://www.horsecareonline.net/ToxicPlants.htm Check those out and see if any look familiar. As for the ulcers, can you get timothy hay there in Spain? I have heard that it's a GREAT help for horses with ulcers and seems to calm their stomachs.
2 :
it could be a plant called rape which is what rapeseed oil is made from regarding wormers if you want to take the natural route you should ask the vet for a worm count done by collecting his dung which is then analysed to see how high the worm count is first then decide which wormer to use as nowadays most people have a 3 year worming programme in place especially if he is out with lots of other horses as for garlic i feed my horses pure garlic powder in with the feed as it helps to clear the respiritory or horse that are a bit thick in the wind


Read more discussion :