Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Recalled for PAP Smear

Recalled for PAP Smear?
I went for a smear test on the 29th July and the nurse told me it would take about 2 months for the results....she said they would only call me if the results came back abnormal so if I didnt hear from her by the end of September then just come back for another yearly smear test next July. Well the nurse phoned me yesterday (I live in Spain by the way) and she said I have to go see the Gynecologist on the 7th of January....I asked was there something wrong and she said no its just procedure and not to worry....she said if there was something wrong I would have heard from them before now and they would be giving me an appointment straight away and not for a months time. I´m just wondering has this happened to anyone else...and why would they be calling me back....I´m very very nervous about test results and worry myself sick thinking about it.....should I be worried?
Women's Health - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
They may have seen some cells they don't like and want to talk to you about it, they may schedule another Pap in 6 mos. Don't worry... You can look up ASCUS/Pap & get more info...


Read more discussion :